We welcome applications from small charities working in Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
Our areas of focus are as follows:
- Funding to pump prime the development of small charities set up to benefit the local community so they can expand their activities into a more sustainable organisation. We are proud that several well-known and thriving local charities received our help at their inception.
- Funding in the initial stages of more substantial appeals seeking to provide new facilities for the lasting benefit of the local community. Our help in this area has been quite varied but has often proved to be the seed funding vital to the success of very substantial appeals.
- Supporting small local charities who either wish to expand their activities or are having difficulty in raising funds to continue existing activities.
- Supporting charities working with disadvantaged children and young people.
- Supporting charities working with those effected by extreme poverty and/or homelessness.
- Supporting charities working on rehabilitation (eg prisoners, those recovering from addiction)’
- Supporting charities working with the elderly.
We do not normally support national charities, but will occasionally consider applications for their local activities or a specific project in our area.
We do not support large charities (national or local) where their existing income far exceeds any likely contribution we can make.We do occasionally make exceptions to all of the above when sponsoring fund raising activities by members of staff in our family business.
The trustees meet to consider applications at the end of each quarter of the year. For further details on how to apply please click here.